Total Joint Replacement is the most common surgical procedure performed among the elder population. The most common joint replacements are performed on hips and knees. Treatment of the diseased hip or knee joint does not end with surgical replacement. The ultimate goal is ensuring pain free function and to get the joint moving to prevent complications. Post-operative rehabilitation is of utmost importance. Palmeira Home Health’s individualized approach to home rehabilitation is multidisciplinary and had ensued excellent success rate in improving our patients’ Quality of Life (QOL) and speedy recovery.
Joint Replacement Therapy Goals:
- Assist the client to mentally and physically expedite the process of early return to home environment.
- Decrease length of stay at the hospital or rehab.
- Significantly decrease post-surgical complications.
- Return to normal activities in a quickest possible time.
Common Conditions for Joint Replacement and Other Orthopedic Issues
- Recent Total Knee Replacement
- Recent Total Hip Replacement
- Post Open Reduction Internal Fixation
- Recent Revision of Joint Replacement
- Closed Reduction of Fractures
- Joint Sprains or Strains
- Rheumatoid Conditions
Our Interdisciplinary Approach
- Comprehensive Medical and Surgical History
- Physical Assessment
- Medication Review
- Post-Surgical Care
- Fall Risk Assessment
- Vital Sign Monitoring – BP/O2 sat/Blood Sugar
- History of Present Illness
- Strength and ROM Assessment
- Gait and Balance Assessment
- Sensory & Proprioception Assessment
- Neurological Testing
- Strengthening and Conditioning
- Home Safety Evaluation
- Patient /Caregiver Education
- Equipment Evaluation and Proper Use
- Complete OT Assessment
- ADL’s Retraining
- Work Modification
- Home Management Education
Home Health Aide
- Grooming and Bathing Assistance