Home Health Services
Palmeira Occupational Therapists Help You Regain Your Maximum Independence
Occupational Therapists (OT) focus on upper body weakness or loss of function. Your therapist will use a functional assessment tool to help you develop a plan and accomplish activities that are important to your goal of maintaining a better outcome.
Your home will be your campus, as you learn to manage activities such as bathing, personal hygiene, dressing, meal preparation, eating, bowel and bladder management, and more. Many times, patients are nervous to try things. Your therapist will help you build confidence and work towards regaining your maximum independence.
Your Palmeira Home Health OTs are experts with tips, tricks and ways to help you remaster these daily skills.
These are the things your therapist will work on with you:
- Strokes (also known as a CVA) with upper body weakness
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Training, such as bathing and dressing
- Upper Body Strengthening
- Adaptation to Loss of Mobility
- Education on the Proper Use of Medical Equipment or Adaptive Devices
- Proper Use and Care of Prosthetics
- Muscle Re-Education
- Sensory Treatment
- Fine Motor Coordination
- Home Exercise Program