What is Home Health Care?
Home Health Care is a wide range of health care services that can be provided in a patient’s home during recovery from an injury, illness, or surgical procedure.
Examples of skilled home health services include:
- Wound care for pressure sores or a surgical wound
- Patient and caregiver education
- Intravenous or nutrition therapy
- Monitoring serious illness and unstable health status
The goal of home health care is to treat an illness or injury. Home health care helps you get better, regain your independence, and become as self-sufficient as possible.
If your doctor or referring health care provider decides you need home health care, they should give you a list of agencies that serve your area. They must tell you whether their organization has a financial interest in any agency listed.
What should I expect from my home health care?
- Doctor’s orders are needed to start care. Once your doctor refers you for home health services, the home health agency will schedule an appointment and come to your home to talk to you about your needs and ask you some questions about your health.
- The home health agency staff will also talk to your doctor about your care and keep your doctor updated about your progress.
- It’s important that home health staff see you as often as the doctor ordered.
Examples of what the home health staff should do:
- Check what you’re eating and drinking.
- Check your blood pressure, temperature, heart rate, and breathing.
- Check that you’re taking your prescription and other drugs and any treatments correctly.
- Ask if you’re having pain.
- Check your safety in the home.
- Teach you about your care so you can take care of yourself.
Coordinate your care. This means they must communicate regularly with you, your doctor, and anyone else who gives you care.
Get Started Today
All services provided by your Home Health was greatly appreciated. Your staff was very personal and interested in my recovery.
Palmeira Home Health has the very best Occupational and Physical Therapists! They do so much with/for my uncle. I would highly recommend them for family members who need home health care!
My therapist was so wonderful and helpful. Kim, recognized I had scar tissue build-up and broke it up with massage. I'm now going to outpatient therapy because of how well my treatment went.
Every single employee from Palmeira Health were extremely helpful, polite and caring. Each one made me feel important and they were here for me not because it was their job!
Jesus (the Physical Therapist) helped me get a lot stronger.
If you are ever in need of Home Health Care, make Palmeira your first choice. Their care is exemplary, and the therapists are so caring. Their aim is to get you back to healthy. I have been blessed to have Corey B. for my Physical Therapist, and Lynda C. for my Occupational Therapist. They are amazing!