Palmeira Home Health’s expert team can verify your eligibility for Home Health Services.
Generally, Medicare patients requiring home health must have an order by a physician, and include an accompanying statement of homebound status.
When we receive a referral from your physician, we will contact your insurance regarding requests, authorizations, determining co-payments and the number of visits they will approve. Once we have received all information, we will contact you with a complete update prior to starting care.
If you have Medicare, you can use your home health benefits if you meet all the following conditions:
- You must be under the care of a doctor, and you must be getting services under a plan of care established and reviewed regularly by a doctor.
- You must need, and a doctor must certify that you need, one or more of the following:
- Intermittent skilled nursing care
- Physical therapy
- Social Worker
- Speech-language pathology services
- Continued occupational therapy
- The home health agency caring for you must be approved by Medicare (Medicare-certified). Palmeira is Medicare-certified.
- You must be homebound, and a doctor must certify that you’re homebound. “Homebound” means all or some of the following:
- Leaving your home isn’t recommended because of your condition.
- Your condition keeps you from leaving home without help (such as using a wheelchair or walker, needing special transportation, or getting help from another person).
- Leaving home takes a considerable and taxing effort.
- A person may leave home for medical treatment or short, infrequent absences for non-medical reasons, such as attending religious services, getting a haircut or pharmacy/grocery shopping.
If you’re under the care of a doctor for a condition that makes it difficult or impossible for you to leave your home, Contact Us to determine what Home Health benefits might be available to you. We will build a customized care plan to fit you.
Additional information can be found at medicare.gov.
Get Started Today
All services provided by your Home Health was greatly appreciated. Your staff was very personal and interested in my recovery.
Palmeira Home Health has the very best Occupational and Physical Therapists! They do so much with/for my uncle. I would highly recommend them for family members who need home health care!
My therapist was so wonderful and helpful. Kim, recognized I had scar tissue build-up and broke it up with massage. I'm now going to outpatient therapy because of how well my treatment went.
Every single employee from Palmeira Health were extremely helpful, polite and caring. Each one made me feel important and they were here for me not because it was their job!
Jesus (the Physical Therapist) helped me get a lot stronger.
If you are ever in need of Home Health Care, make Palmeira your first choice. Their care is exemplary, and the therapists are so caring. Their aim is to get you back to healthy. I have been blessed to have Corey B. for my Physical Therapist, and Lynda C. for my Occupational Therapist. They are amazing!
Not sure how to get your better outcome?
Palmeira Home + Health
34 Executive Park Suite 220
Irvine, CA 92614