Palmeira Home Health’s expert team can verify your eligibility for Home Health Services.
Generally, Medicare patients requiring home health must have an order by a physician, and include an accompanying statement of homebound status.
When we receive a referral from your physician, we will contact your insurance regarding requests, authorizations, determining co-payments and the number of visits they will approve. Once we have received all information, we will contact you with a complete update prior to starting care.
If you have Medicare, you can use your home health benefits if you meet all the following conditions:
- You must be under the care of a doctor, and you must be getting services under a plan of care established and reviewed regularly by a doctor.
- You must need, and a doctor must certify that you need, one or more of the following:
- Intermittent skilled nursing care
- Physical therapy
- Social Worker
- Speech-language pathology services
- Continued occupational therapy
- The home health agency caring for you must be approved by Medicare (Medicare-certified). Palmeira is Medicare-certified.
- You must be homebound, and a doctor must certify that you’re homebound. “Homebound” means all or some of the following:
- Leaving your home isn’t recommended because of your condition.
- Your condition keeps you from leaving home without help (such as using a wheelchair or walker, needing special transportation, or getting help from another person).
- Leaving home takes a considerable and taxing effort.
- A person may leave home for medical treatment or short, infrequent absences for non-medical reasons, such as attending religious services, getting a haircut or pharmacy/grocery shopping.
If you’re under the care of a doctor for a condition that makes it difficult or impossible for you to leave your home, Contact Us to determine what Home Health benefits might be available to you. We will build a customized care plan to fit you.
Additional information can be found at medicare.gov.
Get Started Today