Click on the question below to see the answer. Can’t find your question on this list? Simply Contact Us and we will be happy to discuss your specific situation
What is home health care?
- Skilled Nursing
- Medication Reconciliation
- Physical Therapy/Fall Prevention
- Occupational Therapy
- Medical Social Workers
- Speech Therapy
- Registered Dietician
- Home Health Aide
We also offer specialized chronic care programs that focus on actively involving you in your health care process, addressing conditions including:
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Pain Control
- Post-Operative Surgeries such as Joints / Spine etc.
- Wound Care
- Detailed education on your particular post-operative needs as well as controlling and preventing potential infection.
- IV’s or Infusion Therapy
What can I expect on the first home health care visit?
This team approach facilitates an easier transition for you from a hospital, rehab or nursing facility to your home, and it actively engages you and your caregivers in your health care.
Will Palmeira Home Health create a care plan just for me or my loved one?
How often will my home health care visits be?
My doctor is ordering home health care for me. Can I request Palmeira Home Health by name?
Who is eligible for home health care?
Medicare patients requiring home health must have an order by a physician, and include an accompanying statement of homebound status.
When we receive a referral from your physician we will contact your insurance regarding requests, authorizations, determining co-payments and the number of visits they will approve. Once we have received all information, we will contact you with a complete update prior to starting care.
For additional information, please view our list of insurances accepted.
Who pays for home health care services?
For additional information, please review the following document at medicare.gov.
What qualifies as a "home" when home health care is being considered?
Hospitals, skilled nursing facilities (SNF) or intermediate care facilities (ICF), like a rehab, are not considered the patient’s home.
What's the difference between private care givers (PCA's), Palmeira Home Health care and hospice care?
Skilled home health care provides medical treatment for an illness, injury, or post-operative care, all with the goal of helping you recover, regain your independence and become as self-sufficient as possible.
Palliative Care can be provided at any age and at any stage in a serious illness and can be provided along with curative treatment and, yes, the palliative care plan can be followed while under Palmeira Home Health care.
- Typically, a consult to palliative care is initiated while a person is hospitalized and it is a specialized form of medical care for people with a serious illness.
- Palliative care focuses on providing patients with relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family.
- Home based Palliative Care is not available everywhere and is being promoted to the United States Legislature by the Center to Advance Palliative Care (org) and the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO.org) to be included as a home based program.
- Hospice care is designed to provide non-curative treatment and comfort for those who are facing a life-limiting illness. It offers a support system of medical, social, psychological, and spiritual services that support a patient, their family and other loved ones.
Get Started Today
All services provided by your Home Health was greatly appreciated. Your staff was very personal and interested in my recovery.
Palmeira Home Health has the very best Occupational and Physical Therapists! They do so much with/for my uncle. I would highly recommend them for family members who need home health care!
My therapist was so wonderful and helpful. Kim, recognized I had scar tissue build-up and broke it up with massage. I'm now going to outpatient therapy because of how well my treatment went.
Every single employee from Palmeira Health were extremely helpful, polite and caring. Each one made me feel important and they were here for me not because it was their job!
Jesus (the Physical Therapist) helped me get a lot stronger.
If you are ever in need of Home Health Care, make Palmeira your first choice. Their care is exemplary, and the therapists are so caring. Their aim is to get you back to healthy. I have been blessed to have Corey B. for my Physical Therapist, and Lynda C. for my Occupational Therapist. They are amazing!