Join Our Team
Current Job Openings
View job descriptions and details about each position below. Information on applying are found with each posting. If you have any questions, please contact our human resources director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REPORTS TO: Clinical Supervisor/Case Manager
Provides services to clients in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act, Agency policy, and accepted professional standards of practice. The Registered Nurse provides nursing services utilizing a comprehensive base of nursing theory and nursing process, and communicates/documents observations and assessments.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN, PHN preferred.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) of practice.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an acute care setting or equivalent experience.
- Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and in good repair. Good driving record.
- Current CPR certification.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Essential Functions/Areas of Accountability
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the practice of professional nursing in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and standards for home health nursing.
a. Performs comprehensive assessments of client status, including physical, psychosocial, and environmental parameters. b. Completes comprehensive assessments including OASIS data set within forty-eight (48) hours of referral for speech therapy unless other arrangements are made. c. Develops and/or follows an individualized Plan of Care that incorporates analysis of data and current scientific findings. d. Provides skilled interventions with a focus for achieving realistic client outcomes within a specified time period. e. Reports changes and information necessary to modify and update the care plan to reflect progress towards goals (outcomes).
- Consistently demonstrates competency with technical nursing skills according to personal and legal scope of practice:
a. Assessment skills as applied to the client, family/support system, and environment. b. Teaching skills according to the client’s needs and within the context of the client’s environment, value system, and physical/emotional status. c. Medication administrations.
- Practices nursing with respect for individual, cultural, and spiritual differences.
- Communicates effectively and in accordance with Agency requirements.
a. Reports significant changes in client status to physician and other members of the team in a timely manner consistent with client needs. b. Maintains client records showing systematic assessment, planning intervention, and evaluation. c. Participates in team meetings and clarifies individualized reporting responsibilities with all new assignments. d. Documents legibly and according to Agency documentation guidelines and standards. e. Follows Agency guidelines for completion of forms, reflecting the orders and care plan. Submits forms weekly—including all communication and coordination.
- Initiates actions to improve the quality of patient care. Takes appropriate actions independently and responsively in home care situations. Initiates referrals as needed to other health team members when delegated by the Case Manager.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and coworkers.
a. Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by complying with established policies and procedures. b. Recognizes and responds appropriately to potentially unsafe situations. c. Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment. d. Assesses environmental safety and takes initiative to prevent accidents and promote safety. e. Notifies supervisor of need for review and/or training related to equipment, procedures, or safety/infection control practices.
- Participates in ongoing, professional self-development.
a. Participates in all mandatory education per Agency guidelines. b. Identifies needs for personal professional growth. c. Demonstrates competency in areas of assignment or identifies the need for additional training (pediatrics, infusion, specialized equipment, etc.).
- Supervises applicable home care team members as delegated by RN Case Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Home Health Registered Nurse - Nevada
Full Time, Part Time or Per Diem positions
Palmeira Home Health is a leading provider of home health services. We are seeking dynamic of fulltime, part time and per diem nurses to join us in our mission to enter each home with respect, treat with compassion and perform with integrity to help patients recover and prevail through better care for better outcomes.
Our Vision to create a healthier everyday life for our patients and their families.
Palmeira Home Health encourages nurses with no home health experience to apply, we will provide in office and field training.
Statement of Work
The Home Health RN provides direct intermittent skilled client care in the home care setting with physicians’ orders and under the supervision of the Director of Nursing or designee. The RN assesses client need and subsequently plans the care, implements the care plan, and then coordinates, evaluates, and supervises the therapeutic services provided by agency staff. The Home Health RN provides quality care in the home environment. The Home Health RN has full access to all client records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses, reassess and documents present and potential client need as it relates to nursing intervention in the home care setting.
- Develops, documents, and implements a care plan to meet the clients’ needs with the collaboration of the client, family case manager, and referring physician.
- Provides instruction to clients and family members toward self-care within the limits of clients’ abilities.
- Provides skilled care and instructions to the client and his family under physician orders on an intermittent basis.
- Provides instruction regarding the plan of care to the client, the family, the home health aide or therapies involved in the provision of care to the client.
- Provides supervision to the LPN or CNA in the client’s home and documents those encounters.
- Meets standard productivity level according to company policies.
- Documents care provision according to home care standards.
- Submits all home health paperwork according to company policies and deadlines and state regulations.
- Coordinates discharge planning with the Clinical Coordinator.
- Attends mandated in-service education programs.
- Attends in-services and other workshops related to the provision of home health services.
- Shares knowledge, experiences and skills with other staff members during case conferences and in-service programs.
- Other duties as needed
- Current Nevada Registered Nurse (RN) licensure without sanction.
- Must have a valid Nevada driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
- Must have current CPR.
- Must be willing to drive and provide care in the clients’ places of residence.
- Must have excellent clinical skills in patient care provision.
- Must be good in documentation of care according to company standards and state and federal guidelines.
- Writing must be legible.
- Must meet standard productivity levels set by agency which may vary depending upon field responsibilities and employment status.
- Must meet quality standards regarding documentation.
- Completion of Home Health Nurse Exam and Skills Self Evaluation. Must pass exam with a score of 80% or above.
- Must be a good communicator.
- Must be able to bedside chart.
- Must work well with other team members.
- Must have no health restrictions that impede provision of care to the client.
- Must be able to stoop, bend and lift up to 50 pounds and have no restrictions preventing physical work.
Palmeira Offers to their employees
- Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision
- 10 Paid Holidays and PTO
- Tablets for bedside charting
Be a part of the Palmeira Family!